The true home of Dadamac is online - which is what gives Dadamac its unique character and culture. People now in Dadamac have been using a combination of Internet and local person-to-person networks for communication since 2000.This has given us valuable experience of enabling online collaboration between people in widely differing cultures and circumstances.
We started to use our mixture of online and person-to-person networks when people in London needed to be in regular contact with people in rural Nigeria. This was before there were any phone services to the rural areas, so we used emails to city cyber-cafes, carried forward friend-to-friend, or by motor-cycle couriers, or the communicaitons network of the motorparks and taxi services.
Evidence of our online work can be seen scattered around the Internet, and increasingly here at Dadamac.net
- Pamela's blog - Bringing more of Dadamac UK and elsewhere to Dadamac.net
- We have weekly UK-Nigeria team meetings
- Each month - at our "First Thursdays" - Pamela is "at home" on the Internet so Dadamac contacts from all over the place can drop in for a catch-up chat.
- We have an annual online celebration in November - Dadamac Day
- We have a London Dadamac group organsied through Meetups - the online platform for helping people to do more interacting face-to-face and less face-to-screen.
- The Dadamac Monthly Digest includes online and offline updates.